Friday, April 3, 2009

3rd Beer Tasting

This week I decided to have a beer that I also had for the first time last year at the World Expo of beer. This week we head to New Holland Brewery in New Holland Michigan. The beer this week is Dragon's Milk! From the looks of it you would think it was a Stout but it's really an Ale. I liked it when I had it a year ago in a small amount but a big bottle was too much of this one. The flavor's were good with a noticeable vanilla taste with toffee plus a sweet chocolate taste. This beer is aged in oak barrels and that taste comes thru in the alcohol, with a high 9% in this one. The color was very dark, with a slight hint of red. With such a high alcohol content, it's not at all hoppy and the carbonation is there but noticeably lower than other beers, making it very smooth. In a small amount like a half a glass I would like it but the sweet flavor of this one gets old to me after a while. Good thing I was able to only buy a single of this one. If you like a smooth, sweet, high alcohol content ale this one may be for you! Next week I picked up one I'm really looking forward to made with expresso as one of the main flavors.

No comments: