Saturday, July 26, 2008

Live, Collective Soul, Blues Traveler

Well the weekend is here and I think it's going to be a nothing weekend, just kind of hangin out doing nothing. Thursday was the concert night at Meadowbrook and it was pretty good. I went with my future sister and brother in-law pictured to the left and my other partner in concerts, my fiance Aija has a migraine so she couldn't go which bummed me out. Earlier in the week I set up a meet and greet with Collective Soul and with Live. I had to work so I couldn't make the meet and greet with Collective Soul(pictured to the right) because it was at 6:15pm. Well it never happened for the people I set it up for as their tour manager never showed up... oh well. We got to the venue and parked and by that time Collective Soul was already on stage as we walked up. Meadowbrook is is like DTE, as it is on a hill and there is a lawn area up above and then the covered seats up to the stage... it's outside. Our seats were pretty good (thanks to the manager of LIVE) in the 8th row on the left side. After Collective soul got done, Blues Traveler (pic to left) took the stage and they were really good. The whole vibe changed in the crowd and it was more of a party. So after that LIVE came out and rocked the place as they did last year. So after the concert we got to meet the band and there were a lot of people for that unlike last year when we went back. We hung around until the band came out and went thru the crowd.


This is a picture of the bass player who likes a good laugh as you can see

This is a picture of me and Ed the lead singer


Me with their drummer


I bet we waited about 45 minutes for everything and then we left. We all decided to head to White Castle after (becoming a ritual after concerts) the concert. My bro and sis in law decided we had to find the one around the concert. Well no one really knew where to go so we drove around for about another half an hour not finding it. Now I told them to just head up the road to the one we knew of but oh no... they were hungry so we had to look. None the less we headed up to Flint on the way home and got our sliders. We ended up getting back around 2am and we were all tired! So that was the concert night which was pretty fun.

This week I did find out that my ankle problem/pain that I've been having is not a fracture but a bone spur in my left ankle. I now have to see a podiatrist and I guess that it's either a cortisone shot or surgery. I've just been asked if I'm writing a novel so I better get going so my other half can get on here and look at knitting stuff for hours and hours on end...hehehehe. She did an amazing job on dying yarn using Kool aid I must say as the pic on the left is something she did last weekend!

1 comment:

T n A said...

You always have WAY to much fun.....
But thats something you have always loved to do and we are so glad you have so many opportunity's to do it.
We miss you!

TnA