Saturday, April 19, 2008

The Morning after Santana

Well it's 9:30am and I've been up since almost 5am for some reason. I think it's the headache from the concert last night(loud but good). I got off work and my GF and her Bro-inlaw (who I'll call GFB) met me at work and we took off from there. The drive took us a little over an hour to get to the Palace. We got parked and went into the show. GFB wanted to buy me a drink for getting him a ticket to the show so After 18 dollars for two drinks, one for him and one for me,!!! We went to get GF some food. After some fake cheese whiz and chili slathered over fries and a fruity drink for her, we went into the show. If you don't know about the Derek Trucks band you should check them out if you like Blues. He plays with the Alman Brothers Band if you know that name and he was really good.

Santana came on and started to play some stuff from the early days and then went into some newer things. I would say Black Magic Woman was pretty cool. The stage show wasn't the greatest but you wouldn't think that he would have lazers anyway. So after an hour and a half of playing we decided to leave because we saw something that we wanted to check out before we left the area.



We saw a Joe's Crab Shack on the way into the show so we all left Saginaw not eating so we were hungry for some good food.Since it was such a nice weather night we decided to eat on the patio which was cool since it is finally getting nice enough to do that. Our waiter was a pretty nice dude who just got back from Irac and was in the Marines. We told him that this was the first time that we were eating at Joe's and needed some help on the menu and what he liked. So GFB ordered some Muscles which I have never had. They were pretty good covered in garlic. A little fishy but tasted kind of like Escargo(snails) which I like. For dinner I had a crab cake, fish and chips, and 4 crab stuffed shrimp... yes it was very good. We had to get a special drink since it was a special night so GFB and I got Hurricanes and GF got what was called a shark bite. After the drive back we were all tired so home it was. Sounds like we may be going over the GFB's house for a BBQ with his kids tonight, his wife (GF's sister) is out of town. Next concert I think I'll be going to is Dave Matthews in June.

1 comment:

T n A said...

Looks like your having a great time in Michigan. We are proud of you Bob. We miss you and can't wait for the opportunity to see you again. We hope it's sooner than later. Keep up the good work and don't forget about your friends here in AZ. We'll leave some sunshine on for ya!!