Monday, April 28, 2008

Monday after my Birthday



Well another year of my life done with and on to 38. On Saturday I didn't feel like doing a whole lot so after my on air shift I went home and hung out in the afternoon and watched TV. My GF had to go to her bank and then she went to a yarn shop. She also came home with a present and some goodies from the pastry shop. I got a piece of German chocolate cake and a chocolate like cup cake with chocolate gnach and a cherry sauce in the center with a cream on top...Yummy!! For my birthday present I got a pair of Vans shoes from my GF. I have to take them back because they don't come in half sizes so they are too tight and I'll have to go up a size. So we decided to go out with friends and started at Genji's Japanese Steakhouse. Me and my GF usually go to Genji's for sushi about 2 to 3 times a month and our usual is sushi and tempura.We had some Saki, a cucumber roll sushi, shoe string potato wrapped around tiger shrimp with a wasabi mayo sauce and scallop tempura. We were joined by Maryelle and Chris, Joy and Eric, and my GF's sister and brother in-law Andreja and Josh. We had a pretty good time there and by 9:30pm most of us decided, or should I say I decided since it was my birthday that we would go to Old Town to Retro Rocks bar where a friend, Justin and Larry came down too. We got there and it was packed! We ended up going into the overflow room. I quickly noticed that we were the old ones in the room. There was a bachelorette party behind us and I'll tell ya, they needed singing lessons. Nothing like listening to 80's music with 20 somethings trying to get the lyrics right (since they weren't born yet) and sing in key. Oh well they were having fun and we were just talking. We did snap some pics of the night... always have to have a camera along with a birthday party.
This is Maryelle and her fiance Chris

Josh was looking so metro sexual that I thought I better see if he wanted a hugNo this wasn't the seating arrangement for the evening, just a photo op with Justin at the left end, Josh(smiling boy), Larry and Me.

My GF and I on my Birthday having fun
So all in all it was a fun night and everyone seemed to have a good time. On Sunday we didn't do a lot, in the afternoon we vegged out watching TV and movies. My GF's mom brought over a cake that looks fabulous. I was going to cut into it last night but wasn't too hungry after we ordered a pizza for dinner. So another year and another number, now 38.


1 comment:

T n A said...

Happy belated B'day Bob! Looks like you had a GREAT time!

TnA